REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 7
When draining the coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted by ethylene glycol antifreeze, and are quite likely to drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or several years old.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. For 3.1L (VIN T) engines, remove the battery from the vehicle.
- Position a suitable drain pan under the radiator, then drain the cooling system.
- Remove the air intake duct or air cleaner assembly, as applicable.
- If equipped with an automatic transaxle, disconnect the upper transaxle cooler line.
- Disconnect the upper radiator hose.
- If equipped with an automatic transaxle, disconnect the lower transaxle cooler line.
- If necessary for access to the upper fan bolt, unclip and reposition the A/C line.
- Detach the cooling fan electrical connector and retaining bolt(s), then remove the cooling fan.
- Remove the splash guard located below the lower radiator hose.
- Disconnect the lower radiator hose from the radiator.
- If equipped with A/C, remove the condenser line clip, then remove the condenser-to-radiator bolts.
- Disconnect the coolant surge tank hose.
- Unfasten the radiator retaining bolts, then lift the radiator up and out of the vehicle.
- Place the radiator in its mounting position, then secure with the retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Connect the coolant surge tank hose.
- If equipped, install the condenser-to-radiator bolts and the condenser line retaining clip.
- Connect the lower radiator hose to the radiator.
- Install the splash guard below the lower radiator hose.
- Position the cooling fan, then secure with the retaining bolts. Attach the fan electrical connector.
- If removed, secure the A/C line in the retaining clip.
- If equipped with an automatic transaxle, connect the lower transaxle oil cooler line.
- Attach the upper radiator hose.
- If equipped, connect the upper transaxle oil cooler line.
- Install the air intake duct or air cleaner assembly, as applicable.
- If equipped with a 3.1L (VIN T) engine, install the battery and connect the positive, then the negative battery cables.
- If not already done, connect the negative battery cable. Fill the cooling system with the proper type and quantity of coolant, then start the engine, let it warm up, and check for leaks. Check the coolant level and add, if necessary.