REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise the hood and install protective coverings over the fender areas.
- Disconnect the underhood lamp wiring.
- Mark the position of the hinge to the hood to aid alignment upon installation.
- While supporting the hood, remove the hinge to hood screws on each side of the hole.
- Remove the hood assembly with the aid of a helper.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Align the hood properly and tighten the hinge-to-hood retaining screws to 24 ft. lbs. (33 Nm).
The hood hinges are welded to the cowl assembly. Fore, aft and vertical adjustment may be made at the hinge to hood retaining screws. Vertical adjustment at the front may be made by adjusting the rubber bumpers up or down.