REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
4-Door Hatchback Corsica
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Remove the lift window upper and side finish moldings.
- Disconnect all electrical connectors to lamps, defogger etc.
The following step requires the help of an assistant so that the lift window does not fall down and cause personal injury.
- Remove the strut rod clips.
- Mark the hinge outline on the lid if the lid is being reused. With the aid of a helper, remove the lift window-to-hinge bolts, then remove the lift window (hatchback) from the vehicle.
- Position the lid on the hinge and loosely install the bolts.
- Install the strut on the lid side.
- Position the lid and align with mark or fit to opening.
- Slightly tighten the bolts and check alignment and operation.
- Tighten the bolts to 19 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install the electrical connections and finish moldings.