REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Place protective coverings along the adjacent body panels.
- Detach all electrical connectors to electrical components attached to the lid.
- Tie a string to the wiring harness assembly and pull the wiring harness out of the lid. Allow ample amount of string so that when the lid is removed there is enough string to allow for feeding the wiring harness back through the lid.
- With the aid of a helper to support the lid, remove the lid to hinge screws and remove the lid.
- To install, with the aid of a helper, locate the lid to hinges, install the screws and tighten to 21 ft. lbs. (29 Nm).
- Pull the string through the lid until the wiring harness is within the lid and attach the wiring connectors to the electrical components.
Front to Rear, Up and Down (At Front Corners)
- Loosen the screws.
- Align as necessary and tighten the screws.
- Loosen the rubber bumpers to raise the lid.
- Tighten the rubber bumpers to the lower lid.
- Remove the rear seat cushion and back.
- Remove the quarter trim panels.
- Remove the center high mounted stop lamp.
- Remove the rear seat-to-back window foundation assembly.
- Loosen the hinge-to-body screws and adjust the lid as necessary.
- Reinstall all previously removed parts.