REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
1991 2.3L Engine Only
See Figure 1
- Install overhead engine support, J 28467-A or equivalent.
- Remove the front engine mount upper nut.
- Carefully raise the engine, making sure to follow the tool manufacturers instructions.
- Raise the vehicle and support it safely.
- Remove the front engine mount-to-crossmember nuts.
- Remove the engine mount crossmember with the front engine mount.
- Separate the engine mount from the crossmember.
- Place the engine mount crossmember into position with the front engine mount.
- Install the crossmember plates through the suspension supports, then loosely install the nuts.
- Position the front engine mount to the crossmember and loosely install the nuts.
- Carefully lower the vehicle, then lower the engine.
- Remove the engine support tool.
- Install the front engine mount upper nut to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm).
- Tighten the lower engine mount nuts to 30 ft. lbs. (40 Nm) and the engine mount crossmember plate nuts to 40 ft. lbs. 54 Nm).