REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The switch is located in the top of the transaxle case and accessible from the engine compartment.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug the back-up light switch wiring harness.
- Unscrew the switch, then remove it from the transaxle case.
- Apply a suitable pipe sealant on the threads, then install the switch. Tighten the switch to 84 inch lbs. (9 Nm) for 1988-90 vehicles and to 24 ft. lbs. (33 Nm) for 1991-96 vehicles.
- Attach the back-up light switch electrical connector.
- Connect the negative battery cable.