REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- If not already done, disconnect the negative battery cable.
It is not necessary to separate the rail from the fuel pipes.
- Remove the fuel rail from the vehicle.
- Detach the fuel injector electrical connector.
- Remove the injector retaining clip by spreading the open end of the clip slightly and removing from the rail.
- Remove the injector(s). Discard the injector retaining clip.
- Remove and discard the O-rings from both ends of the injectors.
Each fuel injector is calibrated with a different flow rate. Make sure the replacement injector has the identical part number.
- Lubricate new O-ring seals with clean engine oil and install on the ends of the injectors.
- Place new injector retaining clips on the injector assembly. Position the clip on the right side of the injector electrical connector.
- Install the injector assembly(ies) into the fuel rail socket(s) with the electrical connector facing outward. Push in far enough to engage the retainer clip over the rail extrusion flange.
- Install the fuel rail assembly.
- Connect the negative battery cable