REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Loosen the wheel lug nuts.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle, then remove the wheel and tire assembly.
Do not hammer on the brake drum to remove; damage to the bearing will result.
- Remove the brake drum, as outlined in Brakes .
- If equipped, detach the ABS wheel speed sensor electrical connector.
- Remove the 4 hub and bearing retaining bolts or nuts, as applicable and remove the assembly from the axle. The top rear attaching bolt will not clear the brake shoe when removing the hub and bearing assembly. Partially remove the hub and bearing assembly prior to removing this bolt.
- Attach the ABS wheel speed sensor electrical connector.
- Position the top attaching bolt in the hub and bearing assembly prior to the installation in the axle assembly.
- Install the remaining hub and bearing bolts nuts and tighten them to 38-43 ft. lbs. (52-58 Nm).
- Install the brake drum.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly.
- Carefully lower the vehicle.