The low coolant sensor activates a light in the instrument cluster when the coolant in the radiator goes below a certain level. The sensor is mounted on the radiator's right side tank.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Partially drain the radiator, into a suitable container, to a level below the sensor.
- Detach the electrical connector from the sensor.
- Remove the sensor. To unlock the sensor, lift one leg of the snap clip from its locked position and pull outward with a slight twisting motion. Remove and discard the O-ring.
- Lubricate a new O-ring seal with clean coolant.
- Place the snap clip leg in the place.
- Install the sensor. Attach the electrical connector to the sensor.
- Fill the radiator to the proper level with coolant.
- Connect the negative battery cable.