REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- If not done already, disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the TBI cover and gasket.
- Detach the electrical connector from the fuel injector.
- Remove the injector retainer screw and retainer.
- Using a fulcrum, place a suitable tool under the ridge opposite the connector end and carefully pry the injector out, as shown in the accompanying figure.
- Remove and discard the injector upper and lower O-rings, and the O-rings in the fuel injector cavity.
- Inspect the filter for evidence of contamination.
- Lubricate the new upper and lower O-rings with automatic transmission fluid and place them on the injector. Make sure the upper O-ring is in the groove and the lower one is flush up against the filter.
- Install the injector assembly by pushing it straight into the fuel injector cavity.
Make sure the electrical connector end on the injector is facing in the general direction to the cut-out in the fuel meter body for the wire grommet.
- Install the injector retainer, using appropriate thread locking compound on the retainer attaching screw. Tighten to 27 inch lbs. (3.0 Nm).
- Attach the fuel injector electrical connector.
- Connect the negative battery cable. With the engine OFF and the ignition in the ON position, check for fuel leaks.
- Install the TBI cover and gasket.