REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
To prevent leaks, the pressure regulator diaphragm assembly must be replaced whenever the cover is removed.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- If not done already, disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the TBI cover and gasket.
- Remove the 4 pressure regulator attaching screws, while keeping the pressure regulator compressed.
The pressure regulator contains a large spring under heavy compression. Use care when removing the screws to prevent personal injury.
- Remove the pressure regulator cover assembly, then remove the spring seat.
- Remove the pressure regulator diaphragm assembly.
- Install the pressure regulator diaphragm assembly, making sure it is seated in the groove in the fuel meter body.
- Install the regulator spring seat and spring into the cover assembly.
- Install the cover assembly over the diaphragm, while aligning the mounting holes.
- While maintaining pressure on the regulator spring, install the 4 screw assemblies that have been coated with appropriate thread locking compound. Tighten the screws to 22 inch lbs. (2.4 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable. With the engine OFF and the ignition in the ON position, check for fuel leaks.
- Install the TBI cover, using a new gasket.