1968-72 Turbo Hydra-Matic 400 Transmissions
See Figure 1
The detent switch is located on the carburetor.
- Pull the detent switch driver rearward until the hole in the switch body aligns with the hole in the driver.
- Insert a 0.092 in. pin through the aligned holes to a depth of 0.10 in. to hold the driver in position.
- Loosen the switch mounting bolt.
- With the throttle held in wide open position, move the switch forward until the driver contacts the accelerator lever.
- Tighten the mounting bolt and remove the pin.
1973-77 Turbo Hydra-Matic 400 Transmissions
The switch is located over the accelerator pedal. After installing a new switch, adjustment is made by pressing the plunger in. This presets the switch and it will self-adjust the first time the pedal is fully depressed.