ADJUSTMENT 1963-67 Powerglide Transmissions
See Figure 1
- Fully open the lever and pull the rod forward until it contacts the internal transmission stop.
- Adjust the swivel on the rod until the rod freely enters the lever, and then lengthen three full turns.
- Secure the swivel then remove the toe panel carpeting.
- Fully depress the accelerator pedal until the carburetor lever contacts the firewall.
- Hold in position and adjust the swivel on the rod for freedom of entry into the lever, then lengthen 2 turns.
- Check by returning the linkage to idle position and then rotating the lever to fully open.
- Push the lever down to see if the rod deflects. If it does, or if the lever fails to open fully, repeat the adjustment.