The pressure regulating valve, found on 1965-68 vehicles with heavy duty brakes, is mounted in the rear brake line just below the main cylinder. The valve controls the hydraulic pressure to the front or rear brakes, as applicable, resulting in the correct pressure balance between the front and rear hydraulic systems. The valve guards against premature lock-up of the front or rear wheels when the brakes are applied.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Place some dry rags under the valve to absorb any fluid spilled during removal.
- Disconnect the hydraulic brake lines and protect the openings from dirt.
- Remove the mounting screw and remove the valve.
- Position the valve and install the mounting screw.
- Connect the hydraulic lines and bleed the brake system.