REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the battery and remove the dipstick and its tube.
- Raise the car and support the front on stands. Drain the engine oil.
- Remove the starter and flywheel shield.
- Disconnect the steering idler arm and lower it out of the way.
- Remove the oil pan and discard the side gaskets and end seals.
- On high performance engines, the oil splash shield must be removed before further operations can be carried out.
- Glue the side gaskets and end seals to the oil pan.
- Install the pan on the engine and tighten the bolts in a criss-cross pattern. Do not overtighten these bolts.
- Refill the crankcase with the proper engine oil.