REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Using a marker or awl, matchmark the hinge position onto the hood.
- If equipped, disconnect the hood light wiring.
- With an assistant supporting the hood, unfasten the hinge-to-hood bolts. Remove the hood from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Check the hood alignment with the hood latch.
See Figure 4
When aligning the hood and latch, align the hood first, then the latch.
The position of the hood in relation to the hood body opening and fender surfaces is determined by the position of the hinges and position and adjustment of the catch and bumpers.
The fore and aft adjustment of the hood is performed by loosening the hinge retaining bolts (lower) and moving the hood to the limit of slotted holes in the hinge strap.
The upper surface of the hood may be brought flush with adjacent surfaces by shimming under hinges and strikers and locating rubber hood bumpers along the body opening flange.
The entrance of the striker into the latch assembly may be adjusted by loosening two striker mounting screws to allow movement of the bolt assembly.