REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
The mirror glass face may be replaced by placing tape in an "X" pattern over the glass, then breaking the mirror face. Adhesive back mirror faces are available.
- Roll the window down, then remove the trim panel and water deflector.
- Remove the upper hinge access panel.
- Remove the forward anti-rattle cushion. Loosen the rearward anti-rattle cushion. Using a small piece of wood, block the window away from the mirror attachments.
- Hold the mirror and pull away from the door while remove the two attaching nuts. Remove the front fastener first, then the aft fastener.
- If equipped, remove the manual mirror assembly.
- If equipped with a power mirror, remove the cowl trim panel, disconnect the electrical wiring, then attach a piece of string to the connector to be attached to the new wire for routing. Remove the power mirror.
- For power mirrors, transfer the string to the new mirror wire connector, then pull the wire through.
- Place the gasket and mirror into position and install the two fasteners. Install the rearward fastener first, the then the front fastener.
- Remove the block of wood, then attach both anti-rattle cushions securely.
- Install the upper hinge access panel.
- Install the water deflector and trim panel, including the control cable escutcheon. When installing the arm rest, use two drifts to line up the front and rear attaching screws with their respective attaching points. Install the screws in the following order: front screw, rear screw, then the middle screw.