REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Support the car so that the control arms hang loosely.
- Remove the wheel and tire, stabilizer bar, and shock absorber.
- Loosen the lower ball joint-to-steering knuckle nut and the two, lower control arm, cross-shaft bushing bolts.
- Wrap a safety chain around the lower arm and the coil spring.
- Install a floor jack under the spring and slightly compress the spring.
- Disconnect the lower ball joint from the steering knuckle.
- Very slowly and carefully, lower the control arm and release the spring. It may be necessary to pry the spring out of the tower.
- To install, position the spring on the control arm and jack up the arm.
- Install the ball joint on the steering knuckle, and remaining components in the reverse order of removal.