REMOVAL & INSTALLATION Manual Locks
See Figure 1
- Raise the window fully up.
- Remove the door panel, as outlined in this section.
- Disengage the upper control rod assembly by releasing the carburetor-type clips at both ends, then removing the rod through the access hole.
- Detach the lock control rods by releasing the clips at both ends, and lifting outward.
- Remove the remote control assembly by removing the screw to the inner door panel.
- Remove the "crank link" (intermediate pivot) by removing the two screws to the inner panel.
- Unfasten the retaining screws, then lift the door lock assembly out through the access hole.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- After assembly of the lock mechanism, adjust the linkage for proper operation by removing the clip and turning the threaded rods. All components should be lubricated before installation.
See Figures 2 and 3
- Raise the window to the full up position, remove the trim pad and inner panel water deflector.
- Punch out the actuator attaching rivet center pins, then drill the rivets out with a 1 / 4 in. (6mm) drill bit.
- Disconnect the rod and wire harness, then remove the actuator through the access hole.
- Connect the actuator to the lock linkage and wire harness.
- Fasten the actuator to the door panel with 1 / 4 - 20 screws and U-nuts. Tighten the attaching screws to 72 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- The remainder of installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.