REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
See Figure 4
- Remove the seat from the vehicle, disengaging the two wire harness connectors.
- Separate the seat from the power adjuster assembly.
- Remove the track cover plates.
- Remove the coiled spring at the rear vertical actuator pivot.
- Remove the cotter pins at the right adjuster vertical actuating pivots.
- Remove the right adjuster from the carriage and slide the right rack out of the adjuster. Lift off the gear gauge. If only the right adjuster is being replaced, matchmark the position of the gear to the adjuster before removal, then go on to the part of the installation procedure regarding the right side. It is necessary to remove the right side for access to the left side for removal.
- Remove the spring from the transmission brackets to the left rack.
- Remove the two nuts from the transmission, pull the transmission assembly away from the carriage.
- Slide the left rack out of the adjuster. Lift off the gear gauge.
- Place the gear gauge over the left rack. Transfer the four plastic slide blocks on the corners of the rack. Slide the rack into the adjuster. Center the gauge and rack in the adjuster.
- Set the transmission gears in place in the left adjuster. Install nuts on the transmission mounting bolts.
- Install the spring from the rack to the transmission bracket.
- Place the gear gauge over the right rack. Transfer four plastic slide blocks on the corners of the rack. The horizontal actuator gears must be indexed. Count the number of teeth on either side of the gear in the left rack. Position the right rack and gear in the same order.
- Install the right adjuster, replace the cotter pins at the front and rear pivot.
- Install the spring at the rear vertical actuator pivot.
- Replace the track cover plates.