REMOVAL & INSTALLATION 1963-67 Vehicles
See Figure 1
- Remove the negative cable from the battery.
- Remove the distributor and left-side ignition shields. Remove the left-side spark plug wire bracket and position out of the way.
- Disconnect the ballast resistor on the firewall, then remove washer inlet and outlet hoses at the pump valve assembly.
- Remove the distributor cap and position one side.
- Disconnect washer pump and wiper-motor lead wires.
- Remove the glove compartment.
- Ensure that the wipers and motor are parked, then remove the wiper linkage retaining clip and disconnect both linkage and spacer from the crank arm.
- Remove the wiper motor-to-firewall bolts and remove the motor.
- Have an assistant aid in positioning and mount the wiper motor to the firewall. Ensure that the motor is in the parked position.
- Position the left linkage, spacer, and right linkage on the crank arm and install the retaining clip in the groove in the crank arm.
- Install remaining parts in a reverse order of removal.
- Connect the battery cable and test wipers and washers.
See Figures 2 through 7
- Ensure that the wiper motor is in the Park position.
- Disconnect washer hoses and wire leads from the motor.
- Remove the plenum chamber grille.
- Remove the crank arm-to-motor retaining nut.
- Remove the ignition shielding and distributor cap.
- Remove the three motor retaining screws or nuts and remove the motor.
- Check gaskets and replace if necessary. Ensure that the motor is in Park position.
- Reverse removal steps to install.