REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The Ignition Control Module (ICM), is also referred to as simply the ignition module.
Before removing the ignition control module, make sure to properly identify the module, then refer to the instruction sheet packaged with the replacement module.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the intake plenum.
- Detach the ignition module electrical connectors.
- Unfasten the 4 retaining bolts, then remove the ignition module from the vehicle.
- Apply the silicone dielectric grease, supplied with the replacement kit, to the back of the ignition module, as shown in the accompanying figure.
- Place the ignition module in position, then secure with the retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Attach the electrical connectors nearest the front of the engine to the ignition control module.
- Install the intake plenum.
- Install the 14-pin connector screw and tighten to 9 inch lbs. (1 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.