REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- If equipped, remove the upper and lower underbody braces.
- Remove the complete exhaust system from the vehicle.
- Remove the parking brake front cable guide from the driveline support.
- Support the transmission with a suitable jack.
- Unfasten the driveline support nuts, bolts and washers.
- Slide the driveline support toward the right side of the vehicle.
- Remove the propeller shaft (driveshaft), as outlined earlier in this section.
- Carefully position the transmission toward the left side of the vehicle.
Be careful when removing the driveline support near the parking brake cable not to scrape or cut the cable. If precautions are not taken, system and/or vehicle damage may result.
- Remove the driveline support by moving forward, then maneuvering down and around the differential carrier and transmission.
After installing the driveline support, check the air intake duct-to-throttle body mating surface. If the air duct becomes dislodged from the throttle body, a driveability problem may occur.
- Apply a suitable sealant to the mating surfaces of the transmission housing, differential carrier and driveline support.
- Install the insulator. Refer to the accompanying figure for details.
- Maneuver the driveline support up and around the transmission and rear axle, then slide it toward the right side of the vehicle.
- Install the propeller shaft (driveshaft) as outlined in this section.
- Place the driveline support into position, making sure to align the bolt holes. Align the driveline components. To ensure proper driveline alignment, a clearance of 1.53-2.00 in. (39-51mm) must be maintained between the top of the support to the underbody and a clearance of 0.86-1.34 ft. lbs. (22-34mm) from the right side (passenger side of the vehicle) of the support to the side wall. Take these measurements directly above an to the right of the propeller shaft front yoke.
- Install the driveline support washers, bolts and nuts. Tighten the driveline support bolts at the differential carrier to 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm) and the driveline support bolts to the transmission to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Remove the transmission support.
- Install the parking brake front cable guide to the driveline support.
- Install the complete exhaust system.
- If equipped, install the upper and lower underbody braces.
- Carefully lower the vehicle.