REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise and support vehicle safely, then remove the tire and wheel assemblies.
- Support the lower control arms using jackstands.
- Remove the stabilizer shaft insulator clamp bolts and brackets from the frame.
- Remove the stabilizer shaft-to-links attaching bolts. Note the bolt positioning for installation purposes.
- Remove the stabilizer shaft from the vehicle.
- If necessary, remove the link upper or lower insulators, using a suitable universal steering linkage puller and a suitable spacer to provide contact with the insulator flange.
- If removed, install the stabilizer shaft link upper or lower insulators using the puller and a spacer. The upper insulators must be installed to the dimension shown in the accompanying figure.
- The remainder of installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Install the shaft link bolts and nuts facing the same positions as they were removed. With the suspension held at the proper trim height, tighten the stabilizer shaft link nuts to 35 ft. lbs. (48 Nm) and the insulator clamp bolts to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).