REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the heater and A/C control head, as outlined later in this section.
- Remove the hush or trim panel, as necessary.
- Unfasten the screw and/or retaining clip(s) securing the cable, then remove the temperature control cable from the vehicle.
- Properly route the temperature control cable to the control head.
- Install the retaining clip(s) and/or screw.
- Instlal the hush panel.
- Install the control head, as outlined later in this section.
Adjust the cable, as follows:
- With the cable properly connected at each end and the control panel installed, quickly move the temperature control lever from full cold to full hot 2 times.
- A distinct thump or click should be heard from the temperature door as the lever is rapidly moved to its extreme hot and cold positions.
- The lever must stay in the full cold position without any spring back.
- Connect the negative battery cable.