See Figure 1
Body movement produces an electrostatic charge. To discharge personal static electricity, touch a ground point (metal) on the vehicle. This should be performed any time you:
slide across the vehicle seat
- Do not touch any exposed terminals on components or connectors with your fingers or any tools.
- Never use jumper wires, ground a terminal on a component, use test equipment on any component or terminal unless instructed to in a diagnosis or testing procedure. When using test equipment, always connect the ground lead first.
- If installing a new components, never remove the replacement component from its protective packaging until you are ready to install it.
- Always touch the component package to ground before opening it.
- Solid state components may also be damaged if they are dropped, bumped, laid near any components that operated electrically such as a TV, radio, or an oscilloscope.