REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The following procedure is a general procedure for console removal. You may have to modify or skip certain steps depending upon your vehicle.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the shift knob, floor compartment door and console trim plate.
- Remove the instrument panel accessory trim plate.
- Unfasten the retaining bolts, detach the connector, then remove the console door.
- Remove the seats, as outlined later in this section, in order to get to the lower rear screw(s) on the side trim panels.
- Remove the console side trim panels.
- If equipped, remove the switch pack housing with the switches.
- Remove the console compartment floor protector, bolt covers and bolts.
- Unfasten the screws mounting the console to the instrument panel and tunnel.
- Unclip the harness and accessory plug.
- Tag and detach all necessary electrical connectors.
- If necessary, remove any remaining retainers.
- Tilt the rear of the console up, then slide the front tab back out of the instrument panel and remove the console from the vehicle.
- Position the console in the vehicle by placing the front tab of the console into the instrument panel slot, making sure to align the screw holes.
- Attach the electrical connectors as tagged during removal.
- The remaining of installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Tighten the console retaining screws to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).