REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the door trim panel and water deflector.
- Matchmark the installed position of the window pads, then loosen an move the window pads away from the window.
- Remove the inner mounting panel. For details, refer to the door lock procedure in this section.
- Connect the window switch, then position the window regulator to access the window nuts and window stop/guide.
- Detach the window switch electrical connector.
- Remove the window nuts and window stop/guide. You may need to use a special window retainer nut wrench to remove the nuts.
- Matchmark the installed position of the upper regulator bolts, then loosen the bolts.
When removing the window from the door, use the openings on the inner edge of the door to clear the studs on the windows.
- Carefully remove the window from the top of the door and place in a safe place.
- If replacing the window, transfer the necessary parts to the new window.
- Carefully place the window into the door by rotating the window and mounting studs through the openings on the inner edge of the door frame.
- Install the window regulator nuts to the window studs. Tighten the nuts to 66 inch lbs. (7.5 Nm).
- Instlal the window stop/guide.
- Position the window regulator to the marks made during removal, then secure with the retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 84 inch lbs. (9.5 Nm).
- Install the inner mounting panel.
- Reposition the window pads to their proper locations, and secure with the mounting bolts. Tighten the bolts to 79 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Install the water deflector and door trim panel.