REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- For 1995-96 vehicles, inspect the distributor ventilation system for proper ventilation.
- Be sure the ignition is in the OFF or LOCK position. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) electrical connector.
- Remove the air intake duct.
- Remove the accessory drive belt, as outlined in General Information & Maintenance of this repair guide.
- Drain the engine cooling system into a suitable container.
- Disconnect the water pump coolant hoses, and allow any remaining coolant to drain.
- Detach the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor electrical connector.
- Remove the water pump and crankshaft balancer, as outlined in Engine & Engine Overhaul of this repair guide.