REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- For 1984-89 vehicles, disconnect the transverse spring from the knuckle, as outlined in this section.
- Remove the control arm nut, bolt and washers at the knuckle.
- Remove control arm nut and bolt at the bracket.
- Remove the control arm from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- With the suspension held at the proper trim height, tighten the bracket bolt to 63 ft. lbs. (85 Nm) and the knuckle nut to 140 ft. lbs. (190 Nm).