REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Clean the area around the fuel pressure connection with a suitable spray cleaner.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Remove the fuel pressure connection valve and seal. Discard the seal.
- Install a new seal on the fuel pressure connection.
- Position the fuel pressure connection in the fuel rail and tighten securely. For 5.7L (VIN 8) engines, tighten the valve to 88 inch lbs. (10 Nm) for 1985-88 vehicles, or to 115 inch lbs. (13 Nm) for 1989-91 vehicles.
- Tighten the fuel filler cap.
- Connect the negative battery cable. With the engine OFF , turn the ignition to the ON position and check for fuel leaks.