REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug the motor park switch and the circuit board electrical connectors at the motor.
- Remove the left wiper arm and the left side plenum screen.
- Remove the wiper transmission nuts and sockets.
- For the VIN J engine, remove the crank nut and crank arm.
- If equipped, disconnect the vacuum booster supply hose at the plenum.
- Remove the wiper motor mounting bolts.
- Unplug any remaining motor electrical connectors while removing wiper motor assembly.
- Attach the wiper motor electrical connector.
- Install the wiper motor and gasket by guiding the crank arm through the hole in the plenum panel and positioning it over the transmission.
If installing a replacement motor on the VIN J engine, it may be necessary to file the motor shaft so the crank arm can slip over the shaft.
- Install the motor mounting bolts and tighten to 27 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
- For the VIN J engine, install the crank arm nut and tighten to 30 ft. lbs. (42 Nm).
- If applicable, connect the vacuum hose.
- Install the transmission link sockets and nuts. Tighten the nuts to 27 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
- Install the left plenum screen and the left wiper arm, then connect the motor upper electrical connectors.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check motor operation.