REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12
- Remove the door handles and locking knobs from inside of the doors.
If equipped with door pull handles, remove the screws through the handle into the door inner panel.
- If equipped with remote control mirrors, remove the remote mirror escutcheon, then disengage the end of the mirror control cable from the escutcheon.
- If equipped with a switch cover plate in the door armrest, remove the cover plate screws, then disconnect. The switches and the cigar lighter (if equipped) from the electrical harness.
- If equipped with an integral armrest, remove the screws inserted through the pull cup into the armrest hanger support. if equipped with an armrest applied after the trim panel installation, remove the armrest-to-inner panel screws.
- If equipped with two piece trim panels, disengage the retainer clips from the front and rear of the upper trim panel, using tool No. BT-7323A, then lift the upper door trim and slide it slightly rearward to disengage it from the door inner panel at the belt line.
If equipped with electric switches in the door trim panel, disconnect the electrical connectors from the switch assembly.
- Along the upper edge of the lower trim panel, remove the mounting screws. At the lower edge of the panel, insert tool No. BT-2323A between the inner panel and the trim panel, then disengage the retaining clips from around the outer perimeter. To remove the lower panel, push the panel down and outward to disengage it from the door.
- If equipped with courtesy lights, disconnect the wiring harness.
- If equipped with an insulator pad glued to the door inner panel, remove the pad (with a putty knife) by separating it from the inner panel.
If replacing the inner pad to the door inner panel, use 3M General Trim Adhesive No. 8080 to glue it to the panel.To install:
- Install the inner pad and insulator panel.
- Connect the courtesy light wiring harness.
- If equipped with two piece trim panels, install the lower trim panel and all electrical door connections.
- Install the upper trim panel and armrest (if equipped).
- Connect the switches and cigar lighter to the wiring harness and the switch cover plate (if equipped).
- If equipped with remote control mirrors, engage the mirror control cable to the escutcheon and install the escutcheon.
- Install the locking knobs and the door handles.