See Figure 1
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Remove the following items:
- Courtesy lamps.
- Sunshade support brackets.
- Coat hooks.
- Upper corner trim finishing panels.
- Roof side rail moldings.
- Windshield and rear window garnish moldings.
- Windshield side garnish moldings.
- Shoulder strap retainers and covers.
- If equipped, the roof mounted assist straps.
- If equipped, sunroof trim finishing lace.
- If equipped, twin lift-off panel roof garnish moldings.
- On each side of the headlining assembly, disengage the tabs or clips, then remove the assembly rearward enough (to provide clearance) for the front portion of the assembly to be removed through the front door opening.
- If the replacement headliner does not have an insulator glued to the upper surface, carefully remove the insulator from the original headlining (if equipped) and spot cement it to the new headlining. Do not overflex the headlining, for it can become easily damaged.
- Engage the headlining at the tabs to retain it temporarily to the roof. Install the side roof rail attaching clips.
- Align the headlining so that the cutouts for the sunshades and dome lamp line up. Install these two types of accessories, but do not fully tighten the mounting screws.
DO NOT attach the roof hardware until the headlining has been completely installed.
- Install all other hardware removed in Step 1. You can shift the headliner in that area slightly to fit each item into place.
- Fully tighten the sunshade and dome lamp mounting screws.