On some vehicles the rear view mirror is attached to the headliner moulding by two screws.
- Remove the two attaching screws.
- Remove the mirror assembly.
- To install reverse the removal procedures.
On most vehicles the rear view mirror is attached to a support which is secured to the windshield glass. A service replacement windshield glass has the support bonded to the glass assembly. To install a detached mirror support or install a new part, use the following procedures to complete the service.
- Locate the support position at the center of the glass 22 in. (557mm) from the bottom of the glass to the bottom of the support.
- Circle the location on the outside of the glass with a wax pencil or crayon. Draw a large circle around the support circle.
- Clean the area within the circle with household cleaner and dry with a clean towel. Repeat the procedures using rubbing alcohol.
- Sand the bonding surface of the support with fine grit (320-360) emery cloth or sandpaper. If the original support is being used, remove the old adhesive with rubbing alcohol and a clean towel.
- Apply the adhesive as outlined in the kit instructions.
- Position the support to the marked location with the rounded end UP.
- Press the support to the glass for 30-60 seconds. Excessive adhesive can be removed after five minutes with rubbing alcohol.