REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- If the seat will move, shift it to a position near the middle of it travel.
- Remove the nuts that attach the seat adjuster to the floor and then tilt the seat rearward for access.
- On the full width seat, disconnect both power cables at the motor.
- Disconnect the wiring harness at the motor.
- Remove the screws that secure the motor support to the seat frame. Remove the motor with the support attached. Then, remove the screws that attach the motor to the support bracket and remove the motor from the bracket.
- Install the motor and fasten the screws that attach the motor to the support bracket.
- Connect the wiring harness and both power cables at the motor.
- Fasten the nuts which attach the seat adjuster to the floor .
- Make sure you test the motor for proper operation to the extremes of travel in both directions.
- Unbolt the seat from the floor of the vehicle. Place it upside down in a location where the upholstery is protected from dirt.
- Disconnect the wires going to the motor at the motor control relay.
- Remove the two mounting screws that attach the motor mounting support to the seat. Remove the three screws attaching the transmission to the motor.
- Now, move the motor outboard or away from the transmission far enough to disengage it from the rubber coupling that connects it to the transmission, and remove it.
- Install the motor to transmission attaching screws and fasten the the two mounting screws that attach the motor mounting support to the seat.
When installing the motor, make sure that the rubber coupling is properly engaged at the motor and transmission.
- Connect the motor control relay wires and install the seat.
- Check the motor for proper operation to the extremes of travel in both directions.