REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8All Non-Tilt Wheels
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and unplug the horn wire connector from the steering column.
- On cars with a standard wheel or optional wood-rim wheel, pull off the cap, remove the three screws and the contact, insulator, and spring. On cars with the bar type horn actuator, remove the screws securing the actuator from the underside of the steering wheel, unhook the lead connector plug, and remove the actuator assembly.
- Loosen the steering wheel nut.
- Apply the steering wheel puller and pull the wheel up to the nut. Now remove the puller, nut and steering wheel.
Don't pound on the steering wheel in either direction or the collapsible steering column will collapse, requiring replacement.
Location marks are provided on the steering wheel and shaft to simplify proper indexing at the time of installation.
- Install wheel with the location mark aligned with that of the shaft.
- Install the wheel nut and torque to 30 ft. lbs. (41 Nm)
- Reinstall horn button or actuator assembly.