See Figures 1 and 2Front Wheels
- Remove the rotor assembly from the car.
- Remove the damaged bolt with a press. Do not damage the wheel mounting surface on the hub flange.
- Install a new serrated bolt into the hole in the hub. Tap lightly with a hammer to start the bolt serrations in the hole, make sure the bolt is square with the hub flange.
The brake disc must be supported properly before pressing the wheel stud in or out.
- Raise and support the car. Mark the relationship of the wheel assembly to the axle flange and remove the brake drum.
- Using tool J-6627 press the wheel stud from the axle flange.
- Insert a new wheel stud in the axle flange hole. Rotate the bolt slowly to assure the serrations are aligned with those made with the original bolt.
- Place a flat washer over the outside end of the wheel stud and thread a standard wheel nut with the flat side against the washer. Tighten the wheel nut until the bolt head seats against the axle flange.