REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Turn the steering wheel so the vehicle's wheels are in the straight ahead position. Turn the key to the LOCK position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the column to instrument panel trim plates and attaching nuts.
- Lower the column and disconnect the shift indicator cable.
- Disengage the ignition and dimmer switch connectors.
- Remove the switch attaching screws and remove the switch.
- Move the actuator rod hole in the switch to the lock position.
- Install the switch with the rod in the hole.
- Adjust the switch.
- Move the switch slider to the extreme left ACC position, then move the slider 2 detents to the right to the OFF-UNLOCK position.
- Position and reassemble the steering column in reverse of the disassembly procedure.
See Figure 1