See Figure 11970-77
- If the wiper switch is found to be defective, insert one or two narrow bladed screw drivers into each of the two slots within the switch face immediately above the knobs and bend the retaining clips downward or break them off, then rotate the top of the switch outward to remove.
- Disengage the wire connector from the back of the switch.
- After connecting the wire to the back of the new switch, simply align and press the switch into place.
- Remove the headlight switch knob and escutcheon.
- Remove the trim plate.
- Remove the two retaining screws and remove the switch.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the cluster trim, instrument panel trim or wiper switch trim screws, as required.
- Unfasten the wiper switch attaching screws.
- Pull the switch out, unplug the connectors, then remove the switch assembly.
- The installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check the wipers and washers for proper operation.