REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Follow all precautions in and disable the Air Bag system. Remove the left side sound insulator.
- If equipped, loosen the tubular clip from the stoplight switch assembly.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the switch assembly.
- If equipped, disconnect the vacuum hose from the switch.
- Remove the stoplight switch from the vehicle.
- Connect the electrical connector to the switch assembly and connect the vacuum hose.
- With the brake pedal fully depressed, install the stoplight switch until no more audible clicks are heard.
- Tighten the tubular clip to the stoplight switch assembly if equipped.
- Install the left side sound insulator. Enable the Air Bag system.
- Pull the brake pedal rearward against the pedal stop.
- The proper switch adjustment is achieved when no clicks are heard when the pedal is pulled upward and the brake lights stay off when the brake pedal is released.