REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Refer to the Air Bag section at the beginning of this Section, and disarm the Air Bag system.
- Disconnect the cruise control switch connector at the base of steering column. Remove an under dash panel or trim pieces as required.
- Make sure the turn signal switch is centered or in the off position.
- Pull lever straight out of retaining clip within the steering column.
- Attach mechanic's wire or similar to the connector; gently pull the harness through the column, leaving the wire in place.
- Place the transmission selector in low or 1 . Attach the mechanic's wire to the connector. Gently pull the harness into place, checking that the harness is completely clear of any moving or movable components such as tilt-column, telescoping column, brake pedal linkage, etc.
- Position the lever and push it squarely into the retainer until it snaps in place.
- Remove the mechanics' wire and connect the cruise control harness connector.
- Reinstall any panels or insulation which were removed for access.
- Refer to the Air Bag section at the beginning of this Section, and arm the Air Bag system.