REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
When draining the coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted by the ethylene glycol antifreeze, and are quite likely to drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or several years old.
- Drain the coolant.
- Remove all necessary items in order to gain access to the block heater.
- Disconnect the block heater and bring the harness to an easily-removable position.
- Remove the block heater from the engine.
- Spread water-proof sealant on the outside perimeter of the block heater.
- Install the unit squarely into its bore.
- Install all removed items.
- Fill the cooling system. Start the engine and check for leaks.