REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable, and remove the serpentine belt.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the flywheel or torque converter cover.
- Right front tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the right front engine splash shield.
- Use a suitable tool on the flywheel to keep engine from rotating and remove the bolt and washer from the damper.
- Remove the balancer and the key. The pulley cannot be removed from the balancer. They are only serviced as a assembly.
- Install the key and balancer.
- Install the bolt and washer, torque the bolt to 219 ft. lbs. (297 Nm) on 3.8L (vin C) engine and 110 ft. lbs. + 76° turn (150 Nm + 76° turn on 3.8L (vins L & 1).
- Install the engine splash shield.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Install the flywheel or torque converter cover.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Install the serpentine belt.
- Connect the negative battery cable.