REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the valve covers and the intake manifold.
- Remove the rocker arm bolts, rocker arms and the pivots.
- Remove the pushrods, guide retainer bolts and the retainer.
- Remove the lifter guides and lift out the lifters. You may need to use a tappet extractor.
- Prior to installation, soak the lifters in transmission oil; the longer the better. Applying preassembly lube to outside of lifters may be a good idea also.
- Install the lifters and lifter guides.
- Install the pushrods, guide retainer bolts and the retainer.
- Install the pivots, rocker arms and rocker arms bolts.
- Install the valve covers and the intake manifold.
- Connect the negative battery cable.