REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
These engines use a round rear oil seal that requires removal of the transaxle and flywheel.
- Support the engine with tool J-28467 or equivalent. Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the transaxle assembly. Remove the flywheel.
- Using a small prybar or equivalent, insert it through the dust lip at an angle and pry the old seal from the block.
- Inspect the seal bore and the crankshaft end for any damage.
- Coat the inside lip of the seal with engine oil and install it on the seal installation tool J-34686 or equivalent.
- Align the dowel pin of the tool with the dowel pin of the crankshaft. Install the tool on the crankshaft and turn the wing nut until the tool and seal are fully seated on the crankshaft.
- Loosen the wing nut and remove the tool. Check the seal to make sure it is properly seated.
- Install the flywheel and the transaxle.
- Remove the engine support tool. Run the engine and check for leaks.