REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the valve cover.
- Remove the rocker arm pivot retaining bolts.
- Remove the pivot(s) and rocker arm(s).
- Remove the push rods if servicing them, keeping everything in order.
Intake and exhaust pushrods are the same length. Store components in order so they can reassembled in the same location.
- Install the pushrods and make sure they seat in the lifter.
- Apply a thread lock compound to the bolt threads before reassembly.
- Install the pivot and rocker arm assemblies and tighten the retaining bolts to 28 ft. lbs. (38 Nm).
- Install the valve cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check for fluid leaks.