REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the front of the vehicle on jackstands and place a support under the catalytic converter.
- Remove the clamp at the front of the converter, then cut the pipe at the front of the converter. If the pipe is original you may have to cut the pipe from the catalytic converter. Before doing this it is advisable to check with the supplier you will purchase the new pipe from to see where to cut or even if the part will fit.
- Remove the converter-to-intermediate pipe nuts/bolts.
- Disconnect the converter-to-crossover pipe or front pipe.
- To install, add sealer to the connecting surfaces, use new clamps and nuts/bolts, assemble the system, check the clearances and tighten all of the attachments.
- All clamps should be tight to about 25 ft. lbs. (35 Nm). Do over tighten the clamps, if pipes become dented they can leak also it makes it almost impossible to remove if the pipe is dented to much.