The intermediate pipe is the section between the catalytic converter and the muffler.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the front of the vehicle.
- Disconnect the intermediate pipe from the catalytic converter. If the pipe is original you may have to cut the pipe from the catalytic converter. Before doing this it is advisable to check with the supplier you will purchase the new pipe from to see where to cut or even if the part will fit.
- At the muffler, remove the clamp and the intermediate pipe.
- To install, use a new clamp and nuts/bolts, assembly the system, check the clearances and tighten the connectors.
- All clamps should be tight to about 25 ft. lbs. (35 Nm). Do over tighten the clamps, if pipes become dented they can leak also it makes it almost impossible to remove if the pipe is dented to much.