REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Have a helper present when removing the hood assembly. Cover the entire area with well-padded blankets to prevent damage to the painted surfaces and windshield area. The hood is heavy and could cause damage if not removed carefully.
- Place covers over the front fenders and lower windshield to prevent damage.
- Mark the hood hinge for proper installation. Disconnect the underhood light.
- With an assistant, remove the open-assist rods, then remove the hinge-to-hood screws and lift the hood clear of the vehicle.
- Position the hood onto the hinges and loosely install the hinge screws.
- Install the assist rods.
- Align the hood to the body and torque the hinge screws.
- Connect the light wiring.